Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Laughlin - July trip

120 degree weather, what more could you ask for...ha So we got into Laughlin about 9:30pm on Thursday. Meet up with everyone (not quite all 62 were there yet) in the breezeway and just hung out for a bit. Five minutes later, 1min after I told E to stop running he did a face plant into the ground. Seriously, why my baby?!? Not that I would want any other kid getting hurt but why is it always mine?! Needless to say when he got up he had blood coming out of his mouth. It wasn't a lot so I didn't panic. I took a look around his face then inside his mouth and to my surprise HE LOST A TOOTH! I then took him back to the room to get cleaned up and had him gargle with salt water. Not even an hour there and already an accident (sigh). I love my baby, I just wish there were less or no accidents. As a Mom these little things are very hard on the heart...can I get an amen!?!? So, Ivan wasn't there when it happened so I had to call him and tell him...great! Luckily he was more calm then me and the whole time we were there everyone kept telling him he forgot to put something on..meaning his tooth. LOL So I had the privilege of explaining the whole "Tooth Fairy" story. About a million questions later he was like "Oh, Mommy I get it...Jesus tells the tooth fairy when I lose my teeth and then she comes and gives me money!" It was totally not what I said, but I just said "Exactly!" = )
Friday morning we got up at the crack of dawn and headed out to the lake...we were there for about 6hrs, came back had some good grub and crashed. Saturday we headed back out to the lake around 7am and stood there for 11hrs....I know that's a long time. However, it's so relaxing out there and it is hot but just as long as your in the water it's awesome! Jen and I made a cool shade float thing to relax in....it was awesome because we were in the water yet still in the shade being we had baby Jacob. I think the motion of the little waves really helped him nap. So that night we were supposed to go out (just the adults) however it didn't happen, we or should I say I was exhausted. I know, I am a party pooper...sorry girls. Sunday my BF's and their family's left and we stayed with most of my family...swam in the pool and just vegged out the entire day. Our plans were to leave that night but we didn't end up leaving until Monday morning. Oh, and Sunday night E placed his tooth under his pillow. When he woke up the first thing he did was check under his pillow for the money. Then he told me "Mom, the tooth fairy left me $5..but I think she was supposed to leave another $5!"...kids! It was an awesome trip, but we sure did miss our home. I will post pics tomorrow.

0 comments: